Wednesday 13 June 2012

Let's get things back on track.......

So, it has been a while since I have posted anything, the last couple of weeks have been crazy busy.

I finished the 31km for Lifeblood and after it was pretty exhausted, thank you to everyone who has donated so far, I smashed my target for Lifeblood and have raised £1070- let's hope it continues.

I then was able to tread the boards again. Prior to my knee surgery and subsequent VTE episodes I performed on the stage and this was something I didn't really think I would be able to do again- I performed in the Come Dancing Concert at the Theatre Royal Stratford East, it was great to be doing what I love again, I apologise to all those in the cast, especially in the girls dressing room who had to deal with me sat on the floor in the interval and between shows with my leg shoved in the air trying to drain the blood! My post thrombotic syndrome was hurting but it was certainly worth it and I was sensible after the show and kept active and my leg elevated. The post- show blues has just about subsided and I am able now to focus again on Thrombosis Support and what I want to do moving forward.

I have been lucky enough that alongside my fundraising for Lifeblood I have been able to raise a little money for Thrombosis Support, which will help greatly towards setting up the website, forum and local support groups- you can also donate on this blog if you feel able to and I must say a big thankyou to Sonya Raymond for her generous donation today.

As I have previously said I want Thrombosis Support to be for those affected by Thrombosis and so welcome any input. My aim is to provide support, via the web, forums, information, local support groups, support grants etc. to those affected by Thrombosis, it changes lives, and unfortunately takes away lives and I know that there is a need and want to offer support.

If you have any ideas, thoughts, wants, needs related to this please contact me either leave a comment on the blog or request to join the Thrombosis Support Facebook Group

My next few tasks are the forum, website and contacting local hospitals about setting up support groups via the anti-coag clinics- I shall report back on my progress.

Thanks for reading!

Help me, help you, help others, help themselves

No comments:

Post a Comment