Wednesday 9 May 2012

Day 3- Tired, but still powering through

So I have just got back from the gym, and I have done 6km today so am still on target for my 31km in 5 day challenge.


Whilst in the gym I was doing my strength exercises,stretching and listening to Jessie J 'Big White Room', it brought back lots of memories of being in hospital, of laying in the hospital bed in so much pain, not being able to breathe, not being able to walk, not being able to be me.


I have come on so far from those days, and I can't even believe it was me, it feels so unreal. For any of you who know me, and saw me in that hospital bed, or pushed me in my wheelchair, who helped me try to begin to walk again, who have been the support for my leg when I have needed to elevate it, look at where I am now, please help me to give back to Lifeblood so this doesn't happen to someone else. DVT's & PE's are preventable and treatable, I am lucky I am sill here, so many people don't get that chance. For those of you who don't know me, and are reading this blog, firstly thankyou. I am just one person trying to give something back. This week is raising money for Lifeblood, moving forward I want give support to those affected by thrombosis. If you have been affected by thrombosis please contact me, tell me your story, tell me what you need, what you think will help. I am full of ideas, and I want to make these a reality.


Help me, help you, help others, help me..................



No comments:

Post a Comment