Thursday 10 May 2012

Day 4 27km done! me swimming & everything!


So it is the end of day 4, and I have covered 27km of my target 31km in 5days for National Thrombosis Week, for Lifeblood.


Today I have been overwhelmed by the generosity of people, people who I have never met, who don't know me, he know me only as James' partner. Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou. The money you are donating will help Lifeblood to continue to do the amazing work raising awareness of Thrombosis. This is just the beginning for me, I am so proud that I have been able to achieve this, I know I haven't finished yet, but I also know that I will. When I was in the hospital, when I was in the wheelchair I never imagined that I would be able to cycle, run, swim, so that I am doing it one year on is amazing.


I am going to be setting up Thrombosis Support, an organization that works primarily to support those affected by Thrombosis, emotionally, factually and financially. That is the next project, there will I am sure be more fundraising to come for that, and I have certainly proved this week that I am able to do something. I have set up a support my blog tab, at the top of this blog, if you are able to give something, I would be most grateful. The next step for Thrombosis Support is the website & forum and this costs. 


Please help me, help you, help others, help me


Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment